News from Austria
- The Ministry of health is considering postponing the expiration of more than 300,000 vaccination certificates.
- 323,621 vaccination certificates are set to expire on February 1, which would leave thousands of people without a valid “2-G” certificate.
- The ministry is still debating if the expiration date will be changed and more details will follow this afternoon.
- This measure was announced in November of 2021 but has not reached everyone affected by the change.
- According to the Ministry, everyone affected should have received a push notification through the official app.
- Austrian ministries reported 38,631 new infections in the last 24 hours.
- The 7-day-incidence stands at 2,264.5 new cases per 100,000 inhabitants.
- The value is highest in Tyrol (3,066.6) and lowest in Burgenland (1,754).
- 14,061 people so far have died from COVID-19 in Austria.
- Currently, 1,395 people are hospitalised due to a COVID-19 infection.
- 183 people currently require intensive care.
|Total vaccine jabs given||17,482,716|
|Number of people who got at least their 1st vaccine jab||6,742,953|
|– in percentage of the population||75.49%|
|– in percentage of the eligible population (aged 5+)||79.34%|
|People fully immunized (valid vaccination certificate)||6,467,136|
|– in percentage of the population||72.40%|
|– in percentage of the eligible population (aged 5+)||76.09%|
|Number of people who got the booster shot||4,345,023|
|– in percentage of the population||48.7%|
Source: Austrian Ministry of Health, January 28, 2021